Phastek Performance is one of the leading, and fastest-growing aftermarket companies diving headfirst into the C8 Corvette performance market. From styling upgrades, to aero improvements, and of course, performance bolt-on parts like air intake kits and catback exhausts. If you’re interested in taking your car to the next level, Phastek is definitely worth a closer look when it comes to upping your Corvette’s game.
Speaking of upgrades, Phastek has recently compiled an awesome video install on a C8, using a catback exhaust kit from AWE Tuning. They break down the step-by-step process from removal, to final installation, in the video pinned below. It’s a full stainless steel system featuring:
- Bespoke, valveless, asymmetric exhaust design unlock signature tone and performance
- Max gains of 19 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Available as Touring Edition or rowdy Track Edition, both with straight-through designs for maximum performance
- Patented drone-canceling 180 Technology® (Touring Edition)
- Engineered to defeat the dreaded in-cabin tone change between V4 and V8 modes without the use of valves (Touring Edition)
- Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-made .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Robust 8” flex sections isolate engine movement and increase durability
- Weight savings of 31 lbs (Touring Edition) and 39 lbs (Track Edition) compared to stock
- Tip options include quad 4.5” double-walled slash cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black
- Includes AWE AFM valve simulators, NPP valve simulators, and bespoke aluminum heat shield
- Rigorously tested in a drag environment, road-course environment, and via long-term street testing
- No effect on factory emissions equipment
- Direct bolt-on, no cutting
- AWE Perfect Fitment Guarantee
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- AWE Lifetime Warranty
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE
If AWE Tuning is an unfamiliar brand to you, you should take a closer look. From the GM side of things, they cater to a wide selection of modern performance vehicles, including Corvette, 6th-gen Camaro (including ZL1), and the latest generation of GM full-sized trucks, among others. They currently offer their C8 exhaust kits in Track and Touring spec, and with either chrome or black diamond tips.
Rick Seitz is the owner and founder of GMEFI Magazine, and has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.