If you’ve been a gear head for any length of time, and are now just coming onboard with building or dropping an LS crate engine into your hot rod, you seriously have some catching up to do! Embraced by most, and shunned by a few, the LS is basically the small-block Chevy of the 21st century.
In recent years, we’ve been seeing some rather radical LS swaps — some that were built in a way that, at first glance, they simply hadn’t looked like any LS engine we’ve ever seen. Now there are endless options out there that allows you to build something truly unique, usually by piecing it together. But more often than not, you can also scoop up a potent LS engine package that looks the part of a custom-built engine.
Such is the case of Ohio Speed Shop‘s 6.7L (408 cubes for those in ‘Merica) LS with 570hp on tap.
Ohio Speed Shops Dyno Tested LS 6.7L 570HP Deluxe Engine Package
Great engine package to start your LS swap. Our LS 408CID makes 570HP & 530 ft-lbs with a lopey idle street cam. The self-learning fuel injection package makes future performance upgrades a breeze.
Ohio Speed Shops engine packages are built as ordered so we can provide you personalized options and service.
- FREE 48 State Truck Freight Shipping
- Initial engine break-in on engine dyno prior to test and tuning
- Engine Dyno Tested and Tuned
- Limited 2-1/2 year / 50,000 mile parts & labor warranty for street registered/licensed vehicles
- Assembled using a cast Iron GM 6.0L block Bored .030 over
- Forged pistons
- Forged crankshaft
- Forged I-beam connecting rods with upgraded rod bolts
- Pre-Installed engine harness, ecu & controller (for integrated auto trans controller add $250.00)
- Complete Self Learning Fuel Injection System with cable drive throttle body
- Throttle Cable Bracket
- Air Cleaner
- Installed Polished Serpentine Drive System with A/C, P/S & 170amp Alt
(A/C Delete – $200.00) or (P/S Delete – $150.00)
- Orange finned aluminum valve covers
- New HD Starter with bolts
- 14” Auto Trans Flexplate
- Your choice of oil pan: Holley 302-1, Holley 302-2, Holley 302-3, GM F/body, Corvette C6, Chevy Performance Musclecar Pan or Mast Motorsports 401-111 swap oil pan
- Power: 570 HP, 530 ft. lbs. of torque
- Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
- Recommended Fuel: 92 Octane
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6800
- Recommended Torque Converter Stall 2800-3200
The self-learning engine controllers are designed for retrofit installations in older vehicles, for easier and quicker installation and more importantly operation without the need for third-party tuning.
Rick Seitz is the owner and founder of GMEFI Magazine, and has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.