Ever since the 5th-Gen Camaro has been on the market, we’ve always envisioned what it would look like in Yenko sYc 427 livery. Sure, there have been fairly decent attempts by way of privately-built homages, but nothing in the way in terms of a bonafide example.
Then in happened at SEMA 2014; SLP Specialty Vehicles‘ David Hamburger pulled the wraps off a car that not only pays tribute to that 1960s original, but takes the legacy of that classic to new heights.
Being produced in a limited number of 50 cars, this is more than a Camaro SS with a set of wheels and tape stripes. Being actually based on ZL1-spec underpinnings, including the magnetic ride suspension, this car is really the complete package. Under the hood, you’ll find an LS7 427 ci. powerplant stuffed with forged internals, and SLP’s own TVS 2300 blower – pumping out 700 hp.
Available in coupe and convertible form, and in both a 6-speed manual and automatic (yes, seriously), the SLP 427 Yenko sYc is a car that you can live with everyday, and still put the hurting on the blown Mustang or Challenger in the lane next to you.
SLP has also gone through the trouble of getting the Yenko and sYc logos, names, and livery trademarked – so these are 100% bonafide Yenko Camaros. With a well-rounded package like this, we think Don would have approved.
The full specs include:
- Hand Built 427 CID LS7 700HP Engine with Aluminum Block & Heads
- TVS 2300 Style Supercharger Package
- Dual Disc Clutch Assembly (manual only)
- Rear 1/4 Panel Gill Insert Graphics o Gloss Black o Flat Black
- Three 427 Exterior Body Badges
- Three Yenko Crest Exterior Body Badges
- Yenko Door Sill Plates
- 5-Spoke Wheels with Gunmetal Finish, Machined Lip, sYc Center Caps
- sYc Hood Stripe Graphics and Hood Cowl HP Graphics
- Yenko/SCTM Side Stripe Graphics
- RTM Hood with Grille
- GM Heritage-Style Front Grille
- Flat Black Painted Stock Spoiler
- Engine Covers with Yenko/SCTM Graphics
- Yenko Numbered Dash Plaque (1) and Key Fobs (2) 1-50
- Leather(Faux) Bound Portfolio, Owner’s Manual & Window Sticker
- Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin
- 1 Year/12,000 Mile (20,000 Kilometer) Engine and Supercharger Assembly Component Warranty*
- 3 Year/36,000 Mile (60,000 Kilometer) Non-Powertrain Component Warranty*
Rick Seitz is the owner and founder of GMEFI Magazine, and has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.