With the 2015 SEMA Show quickly approaching, a lot of us are anticipating what kind of hardware we’ll see on display; as it’s always a treasure trove of mouth-wartering, eye-opening and revolutionary styles and designs for show goes to see. We caught an eyeful of this rad Camaro convertible last year, and to say that the photos do it no justice would be an understatement!
Starting out in life as a 2014 Camaro SS, this Z/28 tribute, complete with the Z’s front fascia, hood, fenders and a 505 hp LS7, this car was a smash at least year’s show with tons of people swarming around it! It provided a look of what a Z/28 convertible would have looked like, had Chevrolet actually put one in production.
Built by Blackdog Speed Shop and heading to Mecum Auction: Chicago as Lot S110.1, it has plenty of one-off features and details that is sure to make it an exclusive for anyone who buys! Just be sure to bid on that Saturday, October 10th! There are more details on this car from Mecum below.
– One-of-a-kind Camaro Z28 Convertible Concept built by Blackdog Speed Shop
– Built to look as close to factory as possible
– Factory Camaro SS Convertible with virtually every component from a Z28 transferred into the car – LS7/500 HP engine, 6-speed transmission
– Z28 front fenders, hood and suspension
– Z28 interior and wiring harness
– Custom hard shell boot cover
– Stunning one-off two-tone paint scheme
– OEM Z28 wheels with custom black chrome finish
– Built in preparation for SEMA 2014
– Blackdog Speed Shop has developed their reputation building and working on race-prove Camaros and fields Camaros for three drivers in the Pirelli World Challenge Series GTS Class
– Their drivers recorded 4 victories, 8 podiums and won the GTS Championship in 2014
Rick Seitz is the owner and founder of GMEFI Magazine, and has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.