As quite competent as the OEM coil packs have proven to be over the years, as we all know, once we start breaking into the 1200hp level an upgrade wouldn’t hurt. That’s why FAST has recently announced an XR-1A LS-style high output ignition coil set for all LS-powered vehicles.
Memphis, TN – This LS-style ignition coil set from FAST supports significantly higher horsepower than OEM coils. The new FAST XR-1A LS-Style High-Output Ignition Coil Set is designed specifically for high-compression naturally aspirated, boosted or nitrous-equipped applications making more than 1,000 horsepower. This horsepower range is far beyond the capabilities of OEM coils.
The spark energy of the FAST coils is comparable to CDI (capacitive discharge ignition) systems without the need to convert. The Smart Coil design also requires no ignitor module. The FAST XR-1A LS-Style High-Output Ignition Coil Set delivers up to 44,000 volts, 103mJ of energy, and supports a maximum of 19 amps of current and 17 volts. It is designed to work with all OEM equipment, as well as FAST products that support coil-near-plug applications such as the XIM and EZ-LS ignition controllers.
- Product: FAST XR-1A LS-Style High-Output Ignition Coil Set
- Part Number: #30260-T8 (Set of 8 Coils w/Connectors); #30260-8 (Set of 8 Coils w/No Connectors);#30260-T1 (Single Coil w/Connector); #30260-1 (Single Coil w/No Connector)
- Street Price: Call for Pricing
Features & Benefits:
- Coil set functions in very high HP applications beyond what OEM coils can support: ideal for high-compression N/A, boosted & nitrous-equipped engines
- Provides spark energy comparable to CDI systems without a CD ignition
- Comes w/ mating connector & pins; requires no ignitor module as it is a Smart Coil design
Rick Seitz is the owner and founder of GMEFI Magazine, and has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.